Villa Tamagnino-Lattes at Istrana (TV)

 
 

Istrana (TV) 15 m/50 feet above sea level; Via Nazario Sauro 50; train station at Istrana on the Vicenza-Treviso line, or alternatively, at Treviso about 10 km/6 miles to the east.   The villa is located along one of the suggested bike routes for the Montello.


This villa was constructed in 1715 for Paolo Tamagnino by the neo-Palladian architect Giorgio Massari.  The villa consists of a central block of two stories with a third floor limited to a Serliano [Palladian window] which cuts through the pediment.  The building has two wings, which are two curved barchesse [farm support buildings] with a colonnade of repeated arches.


The villa during the nineteenth century passed to the Lattes family; the last owner then bequeathed the villa to the comune [municipality] of Treviso.

Inside, the villa has a collection of oriental art, music boxes and a portrait of Giorgio Massari.  The side-chapel has paintings from the school of Piazzetta and a portrait of Paolo Tamagnino.


As of today’s visit (June 2012) the villa appears closed and not visitable.


All photos by Paolo Bonavoglia.


For an overall interactive map of the Veneto, showing all these villas and many more, please see this custom Google map